3.12.2009

3 years ago...

It was just the beginning...





This day 3 years ago, I was holding my first child, Samuel. Where does the time go? I can remember the anticipation of this trip as if it were coming tomorrow. The hopes and dreams of a lifetime of wanting to be a mama, all coming true. My fears of first time motherhood were being relieved as we just enjoyed our son. We were amamazed at his every movement, every sound, every cry. I remember not eating hardly anything this trip b/c I didn't want to take time away from Sam. My showers were quick so I could get back to see his face again. I loved being a mama, it was so real. I had a baby that fit on my lap, albeit not for long, b/c he was so big! He was the son that God had chosen for us. His plan for our life was revealed clearly this trip. All the heartache of infertility was gone, we had our child ,the one God intended for us from the beginning. I loved watching Dan be a daddy. He was a natural, very selfless and willing to answer Sam's call (he did better during the day). It all seemed to fall into place and I loved the way my family was created in God's plan. We can never know His path for our lives and must learn to trust in His will. I have a special place in my heart for Guatemala, hispanics in general, and hope to return there often. A piece of me resides in the Land of Eternal Spring.

Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done for us, no one can recount to you..Psalms 40:5