3.05.2019

Jewelry ReLoved!


We've been planning this awesome craft using my mom's old jewelry!
These boxes are a treasure for me for certain.
But, wouldn't they be more of a treasure if they could be enjoyed!

My mom was uber organized, and she loved her jewelry - this is how she divided her stuff, by color.
I loved looking thru her drawers in high school to see if she had something that would complete my outfit. She had a wall of necklaces but didn't care for bracelets.  I definitely got her love for jewelry and so did Blake!


And my dad's box.  This circa 80s stuff makes me giggle
 and brings back amazing memories of who my dad was.


So I began seeing vintage re purposed jewelry on Pinterest and got googled eyed!
I wanted to share this with everyone.

Here was a rough draft a few weeks ago. But after, I was finished with it I decided to go a different direction!


And I loved this one I LOVED. 


And I started working on that by pulling pieces out of the treasure boxes.




And then I found my mom's signature watch and knew I had to use the band for arms.


Here is my complete creation.
I found the necklace in mom's box and the key in dad's box.
The bottom pocket watch is likely Grandpa Walkers, the middle watch was dad's and the top was mom's.


Saturday afternoon worked for everyone else to come and make their creations.
Chris was able to also bring her mom's jewelry for she and Blake and Morgan to use.



So this was not a tidy process. Tee hee.

Those 80s tho!



Blake chose a Q for Miss Quinn's room! And used a mix of mom's jewelry, her Grandma's jewelry and some buttons.


Morgan chose to make this beauty!  


Christine made a jewel tone wreath and the background was an old velvet blazer
of my mom's!





Morgan also made this super neat flag. The army buttons were my Grandpa Summers
and the bullet was in dad's box.  The pearls are mostly her Grandma's.  


And I loved the project but treasured the quality time the most!