9.22.2013

Seeing out!

Here is the once closed, dark holding all of our left over (need to remake or part with)
furniture corner of our basement.  It is the corner where the light doesn't work
very well and the cobwebs have just about taken over...
but not any longer!  DH and his dad worked very hard
with a concrete cutting pro to open this area
and make our new walkout basement
Insert smile.
BIG BIG smile.
Of course it rained the day they decided to tackle this,
so a muddy mess came inside, but I didn't even notice, not like
this floor was clean yet anyway!

My why for this project was my babes.
I have this fear (irrational or not) of a fire and no escape from the basement.
I want this to be a place for friends to gather, but I would never have allowed
them to stay down there without a way out. 
So that is my why. 
We were limited on size of the opening due to septic,
I dreamed of a full wall of windows and sliders and glorious light flooding the basement,
this is our sensible and suitable option.
Must pick a color for the door and begin dreaming more!
 
Pin It