4.25.2019

Easter Breakfast Committee

We were honored to serve on the Easter Breakfast Committee
at church this year.  We were elected to head the committee. 
And that seemed a bit of a stretch for this non cooking lady,
but God knows just who to place on this committee along side us!
We planned and prepped and prayed a bit over the eggs not turning green!
And I didn't' get many pics because well, feeding nearly 300.
We had 300 biscuits, 10 gallons of gravy, 70 lbs of grilled sausage
and 30 dozen eggs.  And as I type that I realized just how
blessed we are!  



God placed this verse for many I am sure this day,
but it surely spoke to me!  


Borrowed this backdrop to have a spot to take Easter pics.
It was well used, but none of our dear family
as we were cooking and serving.
I'll have to brag a bit on the boys as they helped 
to set up Saturday, arrived with us at 545 am to set up and prepare
and then helped to tear down.  We heard little complaint!
Specifically, Joe was grouchy (with me) while he was serving sausages to the church members
and I wasn't sure why - later he told me he was so hungry and was watching everyone walk away with his favorite, haha!


Time for a quick pick - 4 large skillet  of scrambled eggs in the making!
I'm telling you these folks knew how to cook!


Our decorations - up in the next post.
They were a big hit.



Drink set up for the first of the group!


And church members brought in cakes and fruit.
We love Easter breakfast at our church.
Such a fun tradition!


My over all prayer for Easter breakfast was for it to be just normal.
Not extraordinary.
Not overly memorable
Good and delicious, of course - 
but, free of anything that would distract
from the true meaning of Easter.

I believe our prayers were answered, indeed!