9.03.2019

North West Adventure || Last day on Orcas Island

I'm not sure when Sam snapped this gem, but I don't think I posted it yet.
Those genuine smiles.  


On our last morning, the fishermen were up and at it early. They planned to fish then drive the boat back to port at Bellingham. In fact we didn't see much of them around the island.  Dan did not make it to the pool or pickle ball - he didn't know there was a fire pit and saw none of the island except where we stayed and from the boat.
What I love about him is this...he saw what he wanted to see - he loved the island.
I would have been curious about the rest of the island, had to see more - all of it.
Nope, he liked what he saw and what they did - I can take a lesson from that more often!
Sam and Isa rode with the fishermen. Kai and Joe packed up with Nicole and I and we explored the town again before heading to the ferry.

We walked out and saw our little glimpse of paradise one last time!



And caught a last match of pickleball



We made our way back to Indian Island and it was low tide so were able to go out to it.
 I, howeve,r had on the WRONG shoes for that. Joe headed out with Nicole and Kai!




 I had found some coffee from this bookstore
with a millon dollar view.


 Sealife left from high tide.












This guy tolerates my camera a little more and he loves to make his own books from pics so he has a little extra motivation!





We made our way down to the ferry boarding area, its a POPULAR island for bikers - here's the proof!





Joe hadn't done the ferry yet so he joined me out here for some pics as we sailed away.

We stopped at another little San Juan island on the way to the mainland, but I don't recall the name of this one!