2.09.2009

Da Birds



This morning was one of those mornings that I wished could have gone on forever. The boys laid in our bed and played together the entire time I got ready. I would peek my head out of the bathroom to see what they were up to and they would both stop and look at me as if I was interrupting them. The chatter would start again as soon as I was out of sight. We ate daddy's mini-muffins for breakfast, then decided to feed the birds our left over popcorn from yesterday afternoon. It went something like this:
Mama: Do you think the birds would eat our popcorn?
Sam: Zes
Joe: uuhh
Sam: I can hear them, they are coming (as if they knew we were headed out the door)
Mama: (To Sam)Take some out the the bucket and put it in the grass
Sam: Like this?
Joe: Proceeds to pick up every kernel that Sam drops on the ground and eat it...

Yeah, not exactly as I had planned. I loaded a screaming Joe in the carseat as Sam dumped the rest of the bucket into the grass. But memories were made nonetheless. Now, if somehow that popcorn could be missing tonight when we get home so that Sam will have fed the birds and Joe won't want to eat it again!