2.23.2009

God gives us REST

I had not planned on resting today or yesterday or even the day before. But God has other plans, and often makes them happen as they should. Saturday about 1pm, I stared to feel pretty bad. I thought it was just a migraine, I would take my medicine and feel better by the time work ended. That was not the case, I called Dan b/c we were scheduled to go to a woman's prision for ministry that night. He had already taken the boys to Grandma and Grandpa's for the night, he thought I should just go home. I laid on the couch until 6 convinced that I should feel better, but I realized that the flu had set in. By the time he got home at 11pm he was worried, and by morning wanted to take me to the doctor. Really though, I realized I was just weak and very achy and needed to rest. I did just that sleeping all but about 4 hours since Saturday at 3pm. This morning I am very weak and have not been able to eat anything, but still feel somewhat better. I needed to rest and God decided if I was not going to do it on my own - He would find a way. Albeit, next time I hope I feel a little better during His planned rest.
Thanks DH for being so helpful yesterday and encouraging me to rest again today, it would be impossible to give it my all at work. I cherished waking up next to Joe this morning since I hadn't held him for 2 days and Sam's smile seems even sweeter.

Exodus 33:14
The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."