4.28.2008

Holding out Hope

Well, since my last post, my feeling have went from the top of the mountain to well, lets just say I am heading downhill. I am sure many of you have seen recent posts regarding the status of Guatemalan adoptions. I am disheartened to say the least. Here is the latest email from our agency. I think they remain on the positive side of issues if at all possible, read on...

You may have heard rumors that the PGN has suspended adoptions in Guatemala. We have confirmed that on Friday, April 25th a sign was posted on the door of PGN stating that adoptions are suspended until further notice. Although there are many rumors circulating regarding what PGN may or may not be planning to do, we have not received any information that we can confirm as fact at this time. Many websites may speculate about what may or may not happen, however, FTIA will not speculate without more concrete details. We will concentrate our efforts on finding the facts so that we can present them to you in a timely manner.
We know that this is devastating news for you to hear. Most recently the PGN process has been moving along at a steady pace. We would ask that you keep in mind that it is not unusual for adoption authorities in Guatemala to act suddenly without warning or consideration of the consequences for adoptive families. We have seen similar actions many times before and have always seen those obstacles resolved through advocacy in the US and Guatemala. We hope and expect that this too will be resolved.
As with any time of crisis, the information that we share now could certainly change later today or tomorrow. We will do our best to stay on top of the latest information and get the facts to you as quickly as possible.
We realize that you are each wondering how this will affect your particular situation. If your file is in PGN or has not yet entered PGN, you should expect delays. At this time, we cannot speculate about how long those delays will be. If your file is approved by PGN, this suspension should not affect the completion of your adoption.
We will be in touch as soon as we have additional information to share.


So, I cannot say I am fully discouraged, because I think there may be harder days to come. I am still on Cloud 9 from our visit with Joe. I have held him, I know that he is well. He is so loved and nurtured and lucky to be in a very good home. I simply wish that this home could be ours. I have prayed and will continue to pray for God's timing to be revealed. I know he led me here and will continue to lead me forward. Holding out hope for your homecoming Baby Joe!