3.24.2009

Dentist & Fun Dip

The day in a words...yep, it has been a jam packed day off and mama did not have her camera...DH drove off in mama's ride this morning with her purse and camera in it. Yikes, I admit I was a little lost all day but enjoyed the freedom of no cell and spent way less at Walmart with not credit card in hand! Maybe he planned it this way all along...
Today was Sam's 1st visit to the dentist. Man am I ever proud, he was such a trooper. He followed all the commands and did quite well. He has some shiny clean pearly whites and a follow up visit due to a cavity that needs to be fixed! Mama had a good visit, I don't like going to the dentist, but love that clean teeth feeling!
Grandma and Joe rode along with us and we ate at Snack Shack, had some great salad and sandwichs. A quick trip to Walmart and we were headed home. I had prepared the house for company tomorrow night (a college group is coming to share with our youth group) but then got word that they are not coming. Feels good for the house to be picked up anyway, anyone wanna come visit?
The boys fell asleep on the way home from town, so we tried to lay them down, but 1/2 hour later they were up and rearing to go. I finished some laundry and we headed the the local library. This was Sam's and Joe's 1st visit and they both loved it. The library was a special place for me as a youngster. It was in the same neighborhood that I lived, so I rode my bike there weekly as a kid. The library has moved to a bigger place, but as I opened the door the smell was the same. So many good memories of hanging out with Jennifer K, Amy S, Laura R, Rachel L and Nikki B all came rushing back! We picked 3 books to borrow and return in 2 weeks. Sam was beaming - he said as we left, this is a nice place! The librarian laughed.
We got some bug juice (that Jaelyn and Drew for the introduction to this) and fun dip and headed to the park. I think our park is nice and take the kids often. This was only Joe's 2nd trip. I can't wait for him to explore our little town more as the weather gets nicer and nicer...We are back home with Impossibly Easy Cheesburger Pie in the oven. I have a Tri Kappa meeting tonight and work the rest of the week, loving this spring weather thing!