4.09.2009

Easter Egg Fun






The boys had a lot of fun dyeing eggs the other evening at Grandma's house. This has become a tradition, so we just let Grandma buy the kit. She told us that her mom always dyed eggs with her grandkids. Dan says he remembers it well. She has passed away, but when cleaning out the old homeplace, they found 2 or 3 kits that she had bought to have on hand. All too soon these will be memories for our kids, so glad we take and have the time to make them. Thanks Grandma!
Aunt Darla (Grandma's sister) stopped by and stayed for the dyeing. Thank goodness, we need the extra adult hands. Joe was satisfied with a plastic egg and water, that was certainly less of a mess. Sam couldn't wait to take his out of the water and I don't know how many times I repeated the word "gentle". Dryce has graduated to dying his eggs with 2 colors, they were pretty!
I have to share this story from the evening, I never want to forget it. I hope my sister-in-law doesn't shoot me...
My nephew Dryce is the sweetest thing. I could brag on him all day b/c he is so cute. He and DH banter back and forth everytime they see each other. I can still remember his big blue eyes looking at everyone at 2am the night he flew home from Russia. Those eyes are ever so blue today...but a little less Russian and a little more German everyday.
Dryce: Ashley, you look hot.
Me: Well, Dryce, thank you. (Not really knowing if he means temperature hot or cute hot, he is only 6.5)
Dryce: Well, just look at ya'. I mean you look hot.
His words exactly with hand motions and all. Oh, I will never forget it.
And thanks for the boost in confidence of course!