6.29.2009

Mom's Birthday

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. It is also almost 12 years that I have missed seeing her face.

Grandma Linda's grandkids at Spring Mill - May 2009. This is the kind of day that Grandma Linda lived for, the 7 lives she is an angel for today. I trust that Grandma Linda is with these 7 children even when we on Earth cannot.

Matthew 18:10 - See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.


Summer 1995 - Grandma Linda with Blake (2) and Morgan (born 5/05) loving life with her 2 grandbabies!

Proverbs 17:6 - Children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.


Fall 1994 - Flowers my mom sent me while away at University of Evansville. My mom was always so thoughtful, probably just to brighten my day. She sat down every Sunday evening after I left to go back to college for the week to write me a card, and sometimes sent me another throughout the week. I can still remember my mailbox hardly ever being empty! I still have all of these cards. I am thankful for the constant encouragement that my mom was to me in school. It was so selfless of her to encourage me to pursue school even though she was left at home alone...

Job 16:5 - But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.


Summer 1993 - Blake's piggies in the ocean. My mom was so good at documenting the details, she loved photograhs like this (even before they were popular). I acquired this love and am ever so thankful to remember all of life important things that make us smile.

Psalm 95:5 The sea is his, for he made it.


Summer 2009 - A time I was encouraged to remember, a divine nudge from above.
Psalms 24:4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart.


I miss you, mom, sometimes more than ever. Somedays it is easier, the pain more distant and the happy memories strong, but others I ache to see your face and feel your touch. I want you to know that we celebrated your birthday yesterday, did all the things that you would have thought were important and let the laundry lay and the yard left unmowed. Thank you for instilling in us to celebrate the important things in life.