11.09.2009

4th birthday fishing fun!

What a great party Sam had on Saturday.
If you listen, he would tell you.
It was perfect {well, far from it} but perfect for him.
We had lots of fun opening his gifts.
He loved them all.
Thanks everyone!
And his cake - he was so proud of this fish cake.
And we got this grin as everyone sang him Happy Birthday.


And I did, yes, me - make the cake.
Unfortunately, my hopes were a little too high for this venture...
I will not be quitting my job at the pharmacy -
I am much better at that!
All things said it turned out good and Sam loved helping.


The favorite game? Magnet fishing of course.
Super easy to make with magnets and dowel rods.
The treasure chest was a hit and the gummy fish blue jello.

Papaw helped fry fish and then put together Sam's workbench.

We played checkout this night {and every night since}

we got our cart of groceries and cash register...


And grandpa great came even after a long day farming.

And of course we had to put Sam's new tent up before he went to bed.
Thanks Allison {wink} - paybacks...


And DH and I topped the weekend off with a trip to the Colts game Sunday.
Love Lucas Oil Stadium
Love the Colts 8-0
Loved the atmosphere
and
Time with DH





I think this is my favorite birthday yet. The first ones are great, memorable. But, Sam really got it this time. That is what it is really about. He loved the theme, pulled out all things fish in the days before the party. He named all the people he wanted to come to his party. Talked about it for months (since Joe's in august), helped with the cake. He smiled, loved all his gifts, has played with each one. Thanked everyone that came. He loved it.
Loved the attention but with a sweet spirit.
Now we sang to him, celebrated him, but just for the record -
I still have a 3 year old, at least for a little while.
Thank you Lord for this special boy you have entrusted us the raise. I am at awe at your awesome power in handpicking the perfect oldest son for us. Sam is everything we imagined he would be. Thank you for his sweet spirit and eagerness to learn and celebrate new things. Thank you for allowing us to celebrate this 4th birthday with him. AMEN