7.29.2008

Mountaintops and Valleys

Too bad that today has to be one of those valleys.

And of course, what was the topic in my Fast Break Devotional??
Read on:
Every life (including yours) is an unfolding series of events: some fabulous, some not-so-fabulous, and some downright disheartening. When you reach the mountaintops of life, praising God is easy. But when the storm clouds form overhead, your faith will be tested, sometimes to the breaking point. As a believer, you can take comfort in this fact: Wherever you find yourself...God is there, and because He cares for you, you can live courageously.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

The deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray: Thy will be done.
E. Elliot

Our coordinator emailed to let us know there has been a problem getting Joe's birth certificate. It is not really our adoption case, all is well, but we need the BC for passport and embassy appt. She does not have an expected release date. May I ask that you think of us...Joe's 1st birthday is only days away...I never dreamed that I would miss it.
I had hoped and prayed we would be in Guatemala now, holding Joe, never having to let him go again. Thanks to my friend Hanna who let me let it out today. I felt better and then we went to our aunt and uncles for a fun family time, thanks Ed and Judy. I do rest knowing God is caring for Joe in our absence.