7.24.2008

Take a Walk

So, the other day at the very end of my work day, I had an upleasant experience. I won't go into details, because it doesn't really matter today. What matters is that when I came home, Sam was waiting to see me. He said - mama's here. I would like to say it all melted away at that instant. I was really stressed -so the tears started flowing (again) - and after explaining it to my DH - he says - Why do you let customers treat you that way - be mean back!!!!! Ha, guess he wasn't cut out for customer service. Anyway, I decided that the best solution was a walk. And boy was it. I loaded up Sam into the stroller and we attempted to get a picture kissing. We saw the flowers in our landscaping out front; we stopped to see the walnuts growing on our tree by the drive (thanks to Darrin and Shannon for pointing those out); we checked the mailbox (and then Sam wanted to stop and check everyone else's mail, too); we saw the cows that live across from our house; we turned around when we got to the fox that lives on the fence post; Sam pushed his stroller back up the drive and pointed out the clouds in the sky; And at the end of the driveway was our freshly painted house. Thanks DH for the painted wood siding- it looks so nice and redeems you for not giving me sympathy when I was upset.
The walk in the country worked, even though it was a humid, balmy Indina evening...time spent with Sam in the fresh air cleared the mood. We read books and went to bed!