9.26.2008

Benefit sales and new babies






Oh, Sam and I had whirlwind of fun yesterday. I probably should have stayed home and packed, but this sure made the day go by faster! My good blogger friend Sandy at Worth the Wait (go visit!) had posted last week that she was a part of a benefit yard sale for an orphanage in Guatemala. I love yard sales, and profits to Guatemala - I'm in. So, I emailed her for diretions and Sam and I headed to Carmel. The yard sale was big with lots of kids stuff, and I came home with something for everyone, except daddy. The best part was meeting many guat-mamas and the tots. I enjoyed meeting Michael J, Grace, and Mateo's mamas. And I loved finally meeting Sandy in person, I have been reading her blog since before I started mine last year! Treasure of the day was what I think was an old cassette cabinet that we have made into a garage for Sam's trains, he loves it!
We headed south to Greenwood to visit my roomie from college and her new bundle of joy, Aaron Matthew. He was born Aug 30th, and what a beauty he is! She now has 3 kids born Aug, Sept, Oct ages 5,3,0 Such a planner, always has been! It just so happens that Kiersten was home with her today so we got to see Kiersten and Aaron. We went to Chik-Fil-A and Toys R Us, my how the days have changed, used to be Broadripple and La Bambas...Thanks for all the Butler memories Katie, so glad we are still so close!