5.25.2009

Surprise Sweet Sixteen

Last night my brother and his wife had a surprise party for my niece. We had planned it the weekend before and only her friends knew. They did so well keeping it from her as she complained to them about no one throwing her a party (blah, blah, blah). As we headed home early from the reunion, I learned that my sister's in law's dad had a stroke and he was in the hospital. I quickly got a hold of her for the details and he is recovering, she said the party was still on. I headed to their house to begin decorating...and who shows up but Blake to change clothes!!!! AAAhhhh...luckily no decs were up yet so we hid the decorations. I told her I was there to look for a graduation outfit to borrow?!? She changed and headed to Walmart with my other brother and his wife and kids (who really didn't need anything, so that made her suspecious, too)!
A couple of her friends Brittany and Chelsea were so sweet to come help and Brittany's mom came, too! Scott, Morgan, Megan and Cole helped set up too! Chris decided on a Hawaiin theme and we had some Sweet Sixteen signs.

The yummy cupcakes that Christine made...


Some of Blake's friends waiting on her to arrive!


The big moment... Blake arrives and loves it, we think...


Her special lei and Clue that leads her to her special 16th birthday present...


The last stop on her clue hunt, the suspense is building...


So, where is the picture of the suprise sweet 16 gift? The one we treked through the neighborhood to see? The one she had noooooooo idea about, even though she suspected the party?

Yep, it will have to wait until the next post...

In a smooth Guat-mama moment, my camera battery was dying as I snapped these other pics! I will get a picture today to post!