7.30.2009

Grace

I planned to make a post about sweet corn and all of it's yumminess. It is in abundance at Graber Farms right now and it is good, we have miracle and bi-color right now. Next week we will freeze our winter corn. But for now, we will eat it off the cob with our little sticks (as Sam calls them).
Isn't it pretty? I love the color yellow, it is a happy color

Joe's first taste of sweet corn. He loved it, knawed the whole cob clean as Sam exclaimed, "Look at that little fella!"


And of course we all had a little butter and the black salt to go with our corn...
But the sweetest part of dinner, the part I had not planned of posting was little Sam's prayer. We began to say Grace like always and offered for Sam to lead...and he did! I nearly cried as he said the prayer that I said as a child. He said the whole thing without pausing (with a few jumbled words) and I beamed. The best part...he did it again tonight!
Bless us O'Lord for these thy gifts
Which we are About to receive
thru your bounty
thru Christ our Lord
Amen
So, do you have a mealtime prayer? Do you care to share it? It is never too early to teach the little ones to Thank God for our many blessings.