10.24.2009

Jack-O-Lanterns 09

We had planned to go camping this weekend, pulled the camper home and packed our things and our friends got sick, really sick, so they had to stay home - boo:(
But, our kids were not sick and the camper was at our house.
We decided that, due to the chance for crummy weather,
that we would have a fire at home and sleep in the camper {in the driveway}.
And our party grew until -
we had just the right amount of people for a really fun night!!
The highlight of the evening was getting our hands in the gooey stuff (for most of us)
We carved pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns.
We have Drew, Sam, Joe, Jaelyn, and MonteLee - can't you tell?
And here we have Master Pumpkin Carver, Tom. He came with his own kit and went to work. Thank goodness, I mean I really just got to do the fun part with Sam!
Proud of their finished work!

I can see the pumpkin guts a flyin' right now!
And this girl. Wow. I didn't know you had it in ya Jill. Great carving skills. She even made Walker eyebrows on a pumpkin - if you know my family, you know what I mean!



Aunt Christine made Joe's pumpkin. He LOVED it.
Wanted to touch it, all of it, even the candle - yikes!
And my Aunt Polly came and had fun too. Later in the evening the kids found one set of water colors (yep, one set, only one brush=disaster). But Aunt Polly showed them how to use their fingers instead. Everyone made a masterpiece- especially Jaelyn, I cannot wait to see her's hanging on the fridge.

Yeah, I got into the big cookie with black icing and thought I finally found a way to fit in with my friend (considering her roots and all) - Go Shoa*s! I wouldn't want to offend any readers by really spelling out the place!
And these three.
They were here most of the night. DH and my 2 brothers.
But actually, we all ended up here by the end of the night.
Maybe they had it right all along!?!
And we relaxed by the fire.
And laughed {out loud}.

A lot. Morgan had on her runners for the evening.
Oh, and we did sleep in the camper.
Thanks everyone for a really fun, spur of the moment,
really smokey
chilly, windy, fall evening!