12.20.2009

Cookies Anyone?


Sam and I helped decorate a lot of cookies today.
Daddy and Joey had to stay home because Joe has a cough and slight fever {boo}







We went to my Grandma's house and decorated with all my cousins and my cousins' children.  I don't think there is anything more fun and rewarding than being with extended family.  I really like it, stretch out, relax, laugh, talk, and enjoy.  Did I mention we were decorating cookies?
I am sad that Joe had to miss it because his 3 girl friend cousins Ella, Ava, and Landrey who are all his age were there.  And no worries, Sam had plenty of attention from Uncle Scott. 

And there was lots of other activites going on too, this the sam living room that I have had Christmas Eve in for 33 years.  I love the afghan behind Sam, it reminds me so much of my Granny Two-Shoes.

Sydney stuck with helping the little ones make cookies.  She really has a heart and patience for younger kids and Cole, he just likes younger kids toys.  I can see your 16th birthday announcement in the paper little buddy.  Should have thought twice about picking up that doll in front of your auntie who always has a camera...
And the mastermind behind all this cookies/sprinkle madness?  My Aunt Polly {and all of her sisters}... Thank you Aunt Polly for beginning to bake cookies at 7am this am {she was still baking at 2pm this afternoon}.  And for buying all the colors/ shapes of sprinkles any small child could ask for.  It was a lot of fun to let them pour away, they got to decorate as many as their little heart desired.  And that, my friend, is what they did!