9.30.2010

Play learning

This year after I drop off Sam for morning preschool
Grandma and I are working with Joe.
I have been praying for the best way to teach Joe.
And then God lead me to Kristi A.
who know all about teaching children.
And she made it clear that at this age {3}, with 2 years of preschool before K,
we should make it more about play than work.
So taking her advice, I put away the paper and pencils for awhile
We are going to play blocks.
It is more about matching shapes, matching colors than it is about naming them.
And today, Sam's school was cancelled {praying for his teachers' family}
And so out came the playdough
and we practiced Sam's letter of the week - B.
And we matched colors of playdough to their lids.
And of course each boy loved his name spelled out.
And this lead promptly to a game of riddley-riddley-ree,
which we play often in doctors offices or other areas where we hurry up then wait.


Thank you Kristi for your words of advice.  It has put me much more at ease and my mornings with Joe are much more fun {for both of us}.

Next:  Shaving cream {when I am brave...}