12.26.2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Our Christmas celebrations are the same from year to year, for that I am so glad.
We all gather at my grandparents home, It is the only Christmas Eve I have known,
 as well as my brothers and all my cousins.
We all still gather for the same traditions of grandma's noodles, turkey, ham aunt mary's dirt pudding and cherry delight and aunt Ilene's deviled eggs (I had 2 this year, wink), when everyone arrives from Christmas eve masses, Blake reads the Christmas story to the great grands...
And then the furry begins.
Joe is getting help from cousin Ava


These girls were the entertainment for the evening, darling!


And then we played (I watched) a bucking bronco game
DH wants everyone to know that he and Sam were the champs...

We came home just in time to set out cookies and milk for Santa


and leave a personal note...

it says this goes to santa {of course!}


And Joe just wrote his name on his letters to Santa!


We put out reindeer food for Santa's reindeer


And we read Twas the night before Christmas

Snuggled the kids in the bed and we set off to be an elves...