5.01.2014

Sunday School So Far

What a special year this has been as a Sunday school teacher.
That's a first for me, but I LOVE it.
The material is great and this age is perfect.
We spend time reading the bible together, learning our lesson.
This age they want to participate, want to read, have questions,
want to share God's word, aren't afraid to say if they received rejection
from a friend when they shared God.
It is not easy, I absolutely don't have answers for all their questions
but I wouldn't trade involvement at this level for anything.
Sam has shared his heart with me more this year than ever! 


I also have my nephew Tyson, love time with him too.





I have a mix of anywhere from 4-7 students on Sunday mornings,
my SIL shannon fills in for me when I can't be there, thankful for that!


We worked hard one Sunday on our glitter crosses.



And I explained to them that they should hang near their bed as a reminder that God is always near.
Our's has found its special spot.

We open our bibles and find our lesson.  We take time doing this, it is important to know how to use their bibles, find God's word.  We use a tip that our first lesson shared.  

We HOP to the book of the bible (using our index), 
SKIP to the chapter (big number)
 and JUMP to the verse (little number).
Sam can find any verse now and it has peaked his curiosity.  Learning his bible verses has meant more than memorization.  He wants to find them in the bible (most of the time, keeping it real) and mark them.   
Pin It