2.23.2008

Where is it, ma?

Took this photo of Sam first thing this morning before the moving troops arrived. Sam loved all the boxes around the house.
Would you look at this face???
And a smile to die for, all because he got his very own bag of mini-muffins. What a sweetie...
Props go out to our moving troops today. We had great help! My brother Will and his wife Jill, my SIL Chris and niece Morgan and nephew Cole, Dan's mom and dad, our good friend Brent, and my brother Scott came when he got off work! We worked 9-5, what a way to make a livin.
We moved almost all of our stuff and even unpacked and put away the entire kitchen, my china cabinet, the living room, and Sam & Joe's room! We are staying our last couple of nights at our current home (Sam's first US home) until we get the plumbing finalized on Monday.
Really special thanks to my niece Blake who watched Sam and my niece and nephew Jaelyn and Drew for the second day in a row. Pretty sure she won't sign up for that again real soon. She did soooooooo well with them.
After we picked up Sam and we came home to a very empty house - he first said, I lub (love) it, then said Is it,ma? Is it? (Where is it?) as he walked from empty room to empty room. He finally settled in front of the dryer, stooped down, opened the door and peered inside as if we had stuffed our life's belongings into the small dryer drum. I laughed so hard that Dan could hear me over the shower he was taking.
It is exciting to move into our forever home and busily prepare it for Joe's arrival. Thanks so much to our friends and family who gave up their day to help us settle in...couldn't have done it without you!