2.16.2008

A little "Joe"


I am sitting here drinking a cup of "joe" and thinking about my little Joe. That makes me like coffee even more!
Here is the latest on our case: we have exited Family Court (yeah) and are waiting on PA from the US. This means that the US needs to review our case with DNA match (issued 12/19/07) and decide that we can Joe to the US. Now standard time to US approval is 60 days from DNA issue - that would be 2/19...you better believe I am counting and watching. Why 60 days? I think it has to bake on someone's desk for 57 days at which time they decide to check on it...No really, I understand they are checking out the legality of the documents.

The following the step is in Guatemala, PGN. The is the legal part of Guatemalan adoptions. As of today, PGN is closed, but is set to open sometime this week! Now, we need to have PA before we are submitted. If we are submitted prior to PA then we will have an automatic kickout. The KO's are what delayed us with Sam's case. We were in PGN from May - Aug with Sam's case. Here our ideal order right now - PA from the US, submisson into PGN and then 3 case reviewers who forgot to drink their "Joe" (they do have really strong coffee in Guatemala), or that have a big heart so that my Joe can come home!
We got new measurements yesterday and his is growing well. He has gained right at 2lbs every month since birth - He weighs 15lbs 10oz- he is a petite little man, fine with me - as long as he is healthy!

My eyes long to see him, my arms to hold him, and my heart to beat next to his!