10.14.2017

A Tailgate Lunch

Can you tell farming is our life {especially} in the fall?
And if I want to see this guy during daylight hours
on my days off, I should take lunch to the field.
I took burgers from McDonalds, chips and home made chocolate chip cookies, drinks in a cooler 
and bucket of soapy water for the farm hands!
It has to be quick and simple because they don't sit still long.

I was glad I found them this day (in Hank's bottom)
because I got some priceless pictures and videos of Grandma Jean
driving the tractor and wagon alongside Grandpa Donnie in the combine.




Here comes the farmer herself headed out of her tractor towards the lunch table (tailgate)

I took Grandpa Great a burger in his truck that was poised to see all the action,
but he didn't want to miss out on all the conversation so he moseyed on over...love that!
My farmer was back in action checking where the corn was loading into the semi hopper
and then he headed out to White River Co-Op