1.10.2008

A Handprint to Remember

I came into the living room a few days ago and spotted this hand print. I had to smile. I mentioned it to Dan, he had seen it as well, but didn't remove it. It still remains, I suppose it will until it gets dusted off. I love having the evidence of a child in our home. For many years, we wished for this evidence, and now I will cherish it. Live on little chalk-dust hand print....The culprit: The chalkboard easel - Sam was proud to show me the chalk....
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away
So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small
To Mama and Daddy
Love, Sam - Age 2