1.31.2008

Feeling better already!





Feeling better already. Yep, this is what it took. Fresh Apple Crisp with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. I felt better after I whined and boo-hoo'd on my previous post - then to sign back on and read such uplifting comments from my blogger buddies! Thanks to you all. It is true - Joe is coming home, don't think there will be any Apple Crisp left though. Sam and Daddy loved it! And for those of you who know me well...I took pics of the event so that you would know that I did make it from scratch. Sam loved helping me. At one point, his mouth was so full of apples he couldn't talk! I also made meatloaf and fresh corn. After an evening of home-cooked goodies, we are all feeling pretty satisfied.
P.S. If I can make it so can you...

Apple Crisp (from my favoite cookbook from Dan's mom Jean - Bethel Mennonite Chruch)

1/4 c light brown sugar
1/4 c butter
1/2 c white sugar
3/4 c flour
4 c apples

Work together until crumbly. Spread 4 c of coarsely sliced apples (4-6 apples) into a greased baking dish. Pour over them 2 tbsp of lemon juice mixed in 1/4 c of water (I used Sierra Mist- no lemons on hand - lol). Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and lightly with nutmeg. Spready crumbly mixture over apples. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 min at 350, until apples are tender and crust is browned. Serve warm with ice cream!!