1.21.2008

Disappointing Datline NBC


Dateline aired a special on "baby brokers" from Guatemala, failing to mention any postive cases. How frustrating...here goes our media again - showing only the negative spin on a subject. So, I was asked about 10 times today about the show. Luckily, these are the same folks that I see often who fully support our adoptions, so could understand that there are legal and positive Guatemalan adoptions. I will again heavily rely on God's guidance to weather this storm. We have a beautiful family, made possible soley by Guatemalan adoptions. One very legal, very real, very complete adoption & one very legal, very real (so real it hurts that he is not here), very full of unknowns adoption.

But, I remember the day in February when we got an email from our agency that stated there were boys in Guatemala waiting for homes. I showed the email to my husband who immediately said - let's do it again. So, I put my entire trust in God that he has lead us to Guatemala again for a reason. Our hearts are open to this beautiful country, and we are fully dedicated to bringing our son Joseph home for good, in God's timing of course. I am also reminded that there is corruption in every system in every nation, but that doesn't make the entire system corrupt. For once, I wish the media had chosen to air both sides of the story.