6.30.2008

Joe Graber

Has a nice simple ring to it doesn't it? Well, that is what we were going for and now it is official! Joe's BM signed off for the final time on Friday.

What's in a name?
Joseph Daniel Luis Graber

Joseph - I like, growing to love it. It was on our short list of names when we got Joe's referral. I must admit I was pulling for Elijah, but since my husband pronounces this Elisha (but doesn't like that spelling) - we nixed it. Back to Joseph. We liked it and when we found out that our little man's birth name was Jose - our decision was made! Dan's dad's middle name is Joe and I had an uncle who has passed away named Joseph.

Daniel - Think maybe daddy has an inkling that this is his last boy. Daniel is a strong family name for his materal side. At one time there were 11 family members with a version of the name.

Luis - Birth middle name. I love this little name - and if I thought it would be prononuced correctly (not louis) - I might have used it for a first name.

Anyway - loving this man more everyday and imagining all the ways he will change our lives for the better! Next steps are birth certificate and DNA...pray for speedy fingers in the records office in Tactic, Alta Verapaz, Guatemala (where Joe was born).