12.12.2008

Room Redo

We spent today getting ready for Sam's 3rd birthday party on Sunday. We are having John Deere tractor theme. We were counting on Grandpa to bring his John Deere for tractor rides, but the weather may not cooperate. So, I decided to come up with some other things to do instead. We rearraged the play room and it feels great. Daddy made Sam this white table for his 2nd birthday for trains. Sam and I agreed to put the trains (Geotrax, no way is he parting with Thomas) and make a farm scene! We moved a coffee table out and put the farm table in the middle of the room. Then we made a reading area in the corner by the window. I had good help from Sam and Joe. We picked 10 toys to donate, and some books too. I'm not really sure if Sam understood this part, I let you know later if we have a breakdown from missing toys.

Before: I didn't take one today, bummer. This was before we squeezed the train table in here, too...

During: We stopped to watch it snowing outside. There is still not enough to take a picture of

During: My big helper Joe

After: I know we still have a lot of stuff, but it feels good to us! We also have a farm table for Sam's tractor party!

My ultimate? Built in cabinets, of course, Pottery Barn style. Can you imagine a cubby for everything? I know, you still have to put it in the cubby!