12.22.2008

Our Christmas Home Tour

Welcome to our Christmas home! This sled means so much to me because my mom used it every year on our porch and the ice skates were my dad's from a farm pond.

DH went and cut these branches. I love the look of real greenery. I feel some more coming on next year!

Oh our dear little tree from our old home. Sam's first tree, I suppose I will always love this little tree. It lights up our toy/office room now!

Our Guatemalan Nativity set. I have two Nativity sets for the boys to play with. I want to instill in them the true meaning of Christmas. Tonight as they sat on our laps before bed, I sang a few Christmas hymns (and no one laughed!).

Our fireplace and christmas tree. This tree was my tree growing up. We had it in storage until this year. It was so much fun getting out all the old ornaments. It has really made Christmas come to life. Sam calls it the big lights. I love having 4 stockings to fill, we are so blessed to have Joe home this Christmas. I used my mom's nativity set on top on the mantle and added some of my own touches! It was good to have a fireplace this morning. We woke up to a blown thermostat and the house was down to 60. Our good friend Merv came quickly to the rescue!

Of course the Fiesta dishes make the decs. I was also lucky to have my niece Morgan's candle to complete the look!

Homemade Ornaments are my favorite on the tree this year. Sam and Joe helped mama a lot!

Sam loved all the candy canes around the town, so we bought some of our own to add to our home. He loves the lights and always says their pink lights.

This window has the stuff for the kids to play with, although I must say that the entire house is pretty kid friendly.

And I saved my favorite 2 decorations for last. Dressed up and ready for Church on Sunday were we heard the Christmas Story read by our new pastor, Brian.