12.26.2010

Christmas Eve 2010

We spent the evening at the Walker homeplace.
My grandparents homeplace.
I love that we still gather here.
Almost everyone - missing one cousin and a great grandchild.
And some loved ones in heaven -gone too soon.
We spent the evening looking at the windows at the Christmas snow.
Falling perfect and making everything pure and bright.
We spent the evening listening to Blake read the Christmas Story.
This is a favorite tradition of mine.

We spent the evening in the company of our closest
family who are also our friends.

And when it came time to open our gifts,
it was all a blur
as it usually is!
There is just something heart warming
about watching my cousins' children enjoy each other.
I love that we still gather this way,
I love that my kids still spend Christmas Eve the same way I did.
Christmas Eve 2010