12.20.2010

Cricket County Christmas

Along with 25 other cast members, we put on a play at church last night
called Cricket County Christmas.
Am I ever glad that I have my first (and only) stage performance under my belt.
Check that off the bucket list {not sure it was there anyway?}
When asked back in October I didn't hesitate at all, I mean I could do this...
but as the time drew closer I became more and more nervous.
It was humbling though to put on a church play, we prayed before each
practice and that seemed to put all fear aside.
Our desire as the directors and cast was to put across the true meaning
of unconditional love at Christmas time through a nursing home farse.
It was difficult to know if the real meaning came across, spending so much time on your own individual lines. We worried that the play had too many funny parts that some might take offense, etc. But last night it all came together, and it was our best performace to date!

My sis in law Shannon and I . She was Grandma who came to visit and love all the nursing home residents - including me (I think) since I was a cantankouous old woman always in pain.

I had a lot of fun doing this with Shannon, she is a pro at plays and gave a lot of good tips. Don't worry, I have these pics under lock and key Shannon!
And these funny teenagers. They were so cute, greeted all who came to the play and also had a funny part in the play.


Arguing with the nurse, probably about my medicine.
My favorite part was watching the kids laugh at us!

Sam loved coming to practices,

he recites lines over and over.

think we might have a future here!

And my favorite picture of all!

What a great experience full of laughs and funny times with the cast.
All to glorify the name of the Lord this Holiday Season.