2.24.2011

Tri Kappa


I enjoy being a member of Tri Kappa service sorority.
My mom was a Tri Kappa and many of her friends are still members
This year both my SIL Jill and Neice Blake will be members too.
We take turns being hostess for the meetings
this month my bestie Melissa and I along with a super fun mom and daughter duo
hosted the sewing themed meeting.
Since none of the four of us sew, we did the best we could.
I dug out all of mom's sewing stuff.  I loved going thru it again, remembering again
where it sat or hung in my childhood home.
I was proud to take a couple of my and DH grandmothers quilts
In the photo above the dark brown basket is mine, but the light brown
basket with colored weaving always contained yarn at my house
We used it for latchhook, craft projects and occasional knitting
 (although I don't have a clue how to do that now)
The sewing cabinet hangs in my laundry room, looks much like it did when I was growing up.
It was handy for sewing on buttons and safety pins are in the drawer.
DH helped me make the yarn balls in the apothocary jar.
And if you look close my treasures {milk glass}  from the thift store were put the good use.

We took simple mason jars and filled them with all things sewing
(spools, small scissors, thimbles)

We had memebers guess #buttons for a small door prize
and had the most yummy cupcakes ever!
After our business meeting we made blankets to send the Riley Hospital.
It was a fun evening.