3.17.2011

Reward Charts

Making new reward charts was two fold for us...
you see
I had one of those "failure as a mom" moments.
Sam came to me Sunday in tears b/c he didn't get a gift card.
Broken heart (and it was my fault).
When I got the the bottom of it...
the bible verses that had been sent home to us
were to be learned and recited at the end of the quarter
to earn a McD card.  I didn't know....uugh.
So once we got the details we have a plan for next time!
But in the mean time, that is 3 months away...
and it wouldn't be right just to give him one for nothing.
And then Joe joined the bandwagon, too, where was his 'fist car?'

And who doesn't need a good way to corral the kids during
our get ready/go to bed routine...
So came a first draft (easily altered) of our reward chart.
and after our 1st successful week, we could reward them with a gift card...
I made them each a chart, printed out with their name on the bottom
(to help them recoginze their printed name)
and they got to choose their stickers from our stash
We simply clipped the stickers behind each chart
And up on the fridge they went.
I laughed out loud when Sam came out from quiet time
and told me he had made his bed...
that was a first!