5.06.2011

A Little Black Velvet




I had seen these beauties in a magazine.
I heart them. 
I think they are bold, elegant, different.
and
when our local nursery advertised
Black Velvet Petunias...
I stopped right in!
I learned all I know about flowers,etc. from my
mama.  I miss her so, especially around mothers day.
When I plant with Sam it reminds me of all the time
my mom took teaching me.
He loves to plant flowers, water them
he does not tire of this { i do...}


Yep, he is wearing pink gloves, real men wear pink right?


Joe is not so interested in gardening.
He is my laundry helper.




And while my mom never planted a petunia, she didn't like the smell,
I think these beauties mixed with my mom's favorite geraniums
might have changed her mind!


PS, After I took this picture I realized how worn the iron planter
that DH made me is...so I gave it a quick coat of black spray paint!