8.15.2011

Class of 2024








Sam's cousin Drew is in his class and sits just across and down from him


I spent the day with this little man and friends Melissa and Breanna.
Melissa's daughter went to K last year, so she kept my mind off it today!

Some days Sam will ride the bus and even though I took off today, I met him at the stop
for his peace of mind (and mine!)  He loved the bus, probably the highlight!


Grandma delivered homemade cookies!  He asked for a 3rd (yes third) cookie
I said yes to which he said, I knew you would b/c it is my Kindergarten day!

He did it.
{i did it too!}
It was exciting, Sam was so full of energy.  It was humbling, hoping that years of parenting shows.  It was emotional, both the highs and lows.  It was fulfilling, to watch him go in confidence.  It was gut-wrenching when I realized that lunch was over and I hoped he ate.  It was lonely, but I spent it with friends and JoeyD.  It was a long day, but I couldn't wait to hear how it went. 
It was the next step, the step we have waited on, looked forward to...one
in which we trusted our child's care to another...
one that we prayed over.
It was a day will be remembered as another special day in our life!