11.05.2011

10 minute scarf!!!!

When I saw this idea, I had to try it...
and a trip to the thrift store, and a laundry cyle, and 10 minutes later...
I had a new scarf...swoon.
It was fun and easy and you can do it too!

I started with an XL men's shirt. It makes a long loop that can be
doubled or worn as a long strand.

Cut off the hem.  (Save it we will use all the parts of this shirt!)

Cut the shirt into strips up to the arms.
Don't measure, no need, wide or narrow, whatever you like!!!

And then you need a super cute assistant to help you s-t-r-e-t-c-h  the strips.
I'll let you borrow my assistant if you ask nicely.  He is very sweet although
his 4 year old self doesn't stay on task very well!
As you stretch them the edges will roll, part of the charm.


Use the hem wrap around a small section to keep all the loops together,
tie to secure.

Had the flower at home, it is a pin so you can change the look!

Comfy not itchy like some scarfs!