8.08.2013

1st day of school 2013

Today is back to school.





 
Be still my heart, this boy is in kindergarten.
I am home alone, so I turn to blogging, my outlet and my therapy (wink)

 
I asked him why he put his hand there, he said it was holding his heart


Check out those shoes, found them shopping with Blake, we could not pass them up.
They are so Joe Graber.  They are so his personality. Love him.

 
And then there is my second grader who said to Joe this morning as they ate breakfast... Just remember I am always there. (clear lump in my throat) These are the moments that God gives us, the ones we will remember years from now.  I'll forget that I needed to clear the cobwebs from the light outside before I took pics (wink), but I will remember that Sam said that and Joe heard it.


And those shoes, I discovered they fit me.  I knew they looked big, slipped them right on.
Wow.

 
And they wanted a picture with DH's new farm truck.  We are working on a name.
Right now it is Ol'Dodge, but Joe wants to call it fire.


We got to school and Joe asked us if could just drop him off, well no, but
he zipped into the room without us anyway.  His teacher Mrs. Kidwell laughed when I caught up with him, I think she knew better than to think he was alone, ha!
 
And I gave this big 2nd grader a cool high five as I left the room, but he reached up for a giant hug anyway, love that!



 Here we are again, Lord. His backpack is loaded and his face is
scrubbed and his lunch account is full.
And I know You’ll walk with him, Lord. You always do. But a parent
...
still has to ask.
Will You walk with him? Will You whisper to him what he needs to
hear, when I’m not there to whisper it?
Will You please, oh please, cover his school with the protection
only You can give, and will You keep harm far away?
Will You make his mind strong and ready to learn? Will You help
him understand that hard work honors the One who created him?
Will You guide his teachers, giving them patience and wisdom and
creativity and more patience? Will You bless them for their efforts?
Will You love all those children there, the ones whose lunch
accounts aren’t full or the ones who feel alone? Will You help him
to be kind and unselfish and to love those who are different from
him?
Will You point him back home just as soon as You can?
Lord, I give him to You today and everyday, trusting him to Your
care.
Amen