9.26.2013

Talking with Grandpa Great


I had a nice conversation today with this guy.
We call him grandpa great.
Dan's grandpa, Ezra
My kids are lucky to know him.
I was lucky to hear his thoughts today.
Dan and the boys were in the combine and we were out in the dusty field.
He was in this nice cab tractor, but of course he had the door wide open.
It is the way he prefers it.
He said, we used to be right out in the middle of the of all that dust.
we stood on our first combine.
Grandma was Amish before she married Grandpa,
we have a picture of them behind a plow driven by horses.
He also told me that he thought we had a nice home.
He likes the location in the country
and
He thinks I have a nice job.
and
He chuckled at the boys as they ran across the field
in their boots and shorts.
He doesn't say much at all,
except today.
And today,
He made my day. 
Pin It