12.26.2017

Grandma Summers' Buttons

Joe has a very giving heart and this year he wanted to sew for his gifts.
I saw a project on pinterest that we could accomplish!
And it would share my grandma Summers's buttons - a collection that my mom had added to over the years - it's a treasure of mine for sure. It was special to my mom and I loved sharing it with Joe.

We selected the perfect white buttons to make our snowmen.

 And measured our felt to make the perfect ornaments.
He also designed a special eyeglass case for Noah and sewed it together.

This guy has some skills caught on to sewing buttons quick
and grandma loaned us her white yarn and thick needle to stitch the edges.


 Here was the inspiration from pinterest...
 We had to call in DH reinforcements one evening.

 Our treasured ornaments all lined up for family members
 And the rascally pig...