2.19.2019

Work Weekend Away


We had another blessed weekend away with WB.
We look forward to this work getaway every year.
We take Friday and have a slow day in Greenwood after we drop off the boys.
Living the high life {you know sipping my Starbucks while browsing the dollar section at Target}.
I spent most of the day Friday looking for a winter coat for Sam who clearly outgrew his this season.
It proved to be harder than I thought to find one but finally settled on one Sunday morning on the way home at Kohls...ha figures.  We enjoyed an early lunch at Cheesecake Factory after we mulled over many other lunch options and looked for deals at TJ Maxx.  


We headed downtown to relax at what has become our favorite hotel, The Conrad.
It has become familiar and very relaxing!



It was Devour Downtown again this year and we decided to head 
to Ruth Chris.  We hadn't been there since we were married 1 year.



I borrowed my fur vest from Allison (this year, last year was Blakes, ha) and it turns out it was a good thing I did so...


The food was fancy and delicious.  And we enjoyed the conservation mostly about the loud piano player in the bar - we might be getting older, tee hee.





All day Saturday was spent in meetings for me.
But, seriously, take a look at this. 
This is our owners engaged in an exercise where the managers were giving suggestions/feedback. They were up moving around to room to take in each group's suggestions.  
This makes everyday worth it.


And then we headed down to dinner where I had a nice navy dress and heels planned to wear
but I forgot to pack the navy dress...so that fancy fur vest sure came in handy!
And I even scored a compliment or two...



When we came back up after dinner it had snowed and the city looked pretty magical.
It was warm and cozy in the room and we slept like a dream!





Breakfast the next morning to round out our weekend...I sent Blake this picture because I wish
I had coffee served to me this way every single day!



Headed back home refreshed and rewarded and with new ideas to lead the Loogootee WB crew!