8.30.2008

As we wait...


Joe - 11 months

we get angry, we get sad, we wonder why...then we pray.

Now, to be quite honest, we haven't gotten any profound answers as to why the cival registrar in Guatemala won't release our birth certificate. I have gotten cross and the director of our agency is involved in contacting our lawyer in Guatemala. Why did it take me getting angry with our coordinator? Shouldn't they have looked at our wait for issue of a birth certificate with no real reason for a delay, and said hey, I bet these people are getting tired of waiting to BRING JOE HOME!!!!!!! This week has been frustrating on the Joe front. I will spare you the details on my conversation with our coordinator, pretty sure it was not either of our most shiny moments, but it did land us a call from the bigger boss. This was a comforting call, but it is the weekend and still no news.

My plea to them is this, my child, my son is in Guatemala waiting on his family to pick him up. His birthmother has signed off on him, since June they told our foster mother to prepare to give him up for good, and this mother(me) still doesn't have him in her arms. Can you hear me screaming, crying, yelling???? OK, you are right, I am quiet because Sam is still snoozing.

Now, somehow in this situation, I need to figure out how to praise God. Stay tuned. I am going to go look this one up, let's be real, I am not feeling the love.