5.03.2010

Flowers for their Grands

It is hard to teach my children about the grandparents
they will never be fortunate enough to meet.
My maternal grandparents were also gone long before I was born,
but I do have fond thoughts of whom they were...
they were created by my mom in both her vivid stories and treasured photos.
I hope to do the same for my boys about their maternal grandparents.

I want them to know what type of passion my dad approached life with,
his work ethic, his smile, his tan handsome skin and deep eyes.
I want them to know that my mom lived for her kids and her grandkids. 
That she had a soft hands, hugged the best, and never tired of giving a compliment-and how she kept our home running as a single mom for so long, I am still longing to figure that out.

It is sweet to remember my parents, but it is painful--and very lonely.
I miss them.
So, I thought we would create some flowers for them.
I looked at the ones at the flower shop, but none would do.
I ran onto these at the dollar store, simple and quite lovely.

And I got this at Ben Franklin

Wire snippers at 8:30 on Friday night lead to this

and then with help from this boy

it turned it this just in time for bed at 9pm
And it was oh so sweet to take the boys to the cemetary to
give some flowers to their grands.