2.01.2012

Thankful

I was tucking the boys in bed last night
during bedtime routine.

Sam was complaining about his scrapped knee from a fall at school.
It happenend when we were heading into school
and it nearly broke his heart.
I think he was a tad embarrased, a little miffed at Joe for 'tripping' him,
and it hurt.  It took him a while to settle down and be ready for school again.
I am so thankful that I have a few extra minutes in the morning at drop off
to soothe those tough times.  

Joe just doesn't like bedtime at all, unless it involves sleeping with someone else
anyone really, just not alone.
His fears come out, mostly about the dark.  He's really social, during the day
when it is just he and I at home, he nearly trips me all day following where I go.
And the same goes for nighttime, he tries to talk Sam into sleeping in his bed...
sometimes Sam agrees, but mostly he likes his own bed.
I am so thankful that DH has the patience to allow him a trip out of the bedroom for reassurance.
It's like clockwork, generally 10 minutes after I leave the room,
he peeks his head out the door and waits for DH's invitation for a little lap cuddle time.
They have a routine, just 3 minutes Joe will say.

And when I get that one last peek at my precious boys just before I go to bed...
I am so thankful that they are ours, they are resting comfortably on full bellies
in warm jammies, that they are healthly happy and surrounded by love.

January (aside from our fun trip) was full of everyday routine.  No snow, not a lot of extra activities...
not a lot of pictures, and posting was hard!  But, I don't want to forget
that everyday routine with sweet kiddos in my arms is what I prayed for, for so long.
Love these sweet babes!