2.17.2012

John 3:16 party

We had a fun John 3:16 party at Discovery Club Wednesday night.
I had a lot of fun planning the evening's events!

We started with a small snack (because we have snacks with all the grades at the end of the evening).
We used the cups for puff popcorn...I've got some picky ones but the all ate it!
The loved the balloons.
I orginally wanted the larger ones to tie to the back of each chair, but they all said I love you..
and at this age they are reading everything!  So  I stuck with Happy Valentines Day!
I also asked {wink} if I could have the bases they were displayed in, yep!
Those pink heart cover the big yellow $1 sign quite nicely!

I introduced our theme verse
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son...
We talked about it's meaning.
We discussed that we celebrate Valentine's Day because God first loved us
and it is our chance to pass it on...
And then we played a little version of pass the heart on.
Pass the heart until the music stops, if you are left with it when the music stops
you're out for that round! 
Tons. of . Giggles.


The out cast members and DH with the music(he came along for party night)


And we were thrilled to have cousin Drew tonight!

In the next activity I sent the kids to the room next door to retreive a pink heart
with one word of the bible verse on it.
They brought it back into our room and then we assembled and reviewed our verse again.



We completed 2 more activities including this letter matching John 3:16 printable
and a coloring page.


Mr. Joey G also had a little party in his room tonight and the took
these valentines to share.  I might work on this a little for next year
and make the tags a little more creative, but he loved them anyway!