7.02.2013

VBS props

I took some time creating VBS props one morning while the boys swam and I had the day off!
I was wanting to turn our room into a clubhouse in the backyard.
So I worked with cardboard making it look like wood

 
Now I am not the tutorial kind of gal
But I started here
and went here in the middle
 

and ended here.  I sprayed painted lightly with black, then streaked with white and brown
and a combo in between.  And some were too white and I sprayed again and such, ha!
 
 
I thought we had a doorway so I created this for the entry
but our room got changed (because we had more kids, yeah!)
So we used the pieces to make the tent canopy more woodsy
and for the well later in the week
 


 
I painted our theme for each evening on a cardboard and when I got to VBS and combined
with all of my pals' stuff it came together great!  We turned out the lights each night
and worked under the "stars" (christmas lights and a college lamp of my nieces)




Our first graders were thrilled.  And it was so stinkin hot that day that it dried fast
and meant all those props in about an hour!
Pin It