7.10.2018

HHescape 18 || Chattanooga - Lookout Mountain

Our last stop of our day in Chattanooga was Rock City.
(even though it looks like this was in the middle on my posts, ha)

And a little side note here - we might have slightly enjoyed this more if we hadn't snuck all 3 in one afternoon. It was a bit much - we would have been good if we had all day or split them in 2 days!
Another curious thing to us was the community on top of the mountain between Incline Railroad and Lookout Mountain.  It may have been called FairyLand. Top of the mountain boasts so premier homes with outstanding views but also churches and schools.  I was shocked by how many homes were carved into the mountain side.
  This is the southern most mountain on the Appalachian Mountains and in this area you find yourself in GA and TN and even AL and back and forth very often!.


I know I was here when I was little with my family and I was trying to remember
these sites from our trip but this was the only thing that was slightly familiar...
those iron letters looked familiar, but I can't even be certain they were there,ha!



We wound around the paths and took in all the sites in the deep areas of the paths.
It was cool and wet down in these areas, felt good! Joe is our resident map guy.



So many photo op places, loved learning about it starting from a private family that created 
all of this in their back yard.



absolutely stunning views 


And this was our goal - seeing 7 states.
Sam enjoyed this part.  Reading the signs and looking at the arrows.
We save a couple quarters to use in the machines!


We are all 4 in this pictures if you look close.


Narrow area called fat man squeeze, ha!


There were flowers blooming in different areas, spring would be beautiful.




This kid will usually pose for my pictures and this goofy grin surfaced during this trip.
It cracked me up all week. Love him.



Waterfall on the right.  So many beautiful areas.



The way out of Lookout Mountain is thru a cave of Fairy Tale rooms , it was strange for us.
It was creative for sure, we were tired though and done by this point, we missed pictures of that, ha!

I loved this part of Chattanooga - I would go back to Look Out Mountain  in a heart beat. 
 We finished up by grabbing Sonic burgers and eating in our hotel room - real big treat boys couldn't believe we were eating in bed, ha!