7.18.2018

HHescape18 || King of the Beach

I recruited a new sunrise watcher on Tuesday morning!
Miss Taylor and I enjoyed coffee and sunrise together.
The previous morning's sunrise had been a little more spectacular
but I enjoyed this one more because I had great company!


And we met this sweet man who offered to take our picture.
I am thankful for this memory!


 And this guy - let me rewind a bit.
He wanted us to play a family tennis tournament so he drew up
the entire tournament and we sent it out on group chat.
It didn't work out for it to happen
but the discussions about it did provide us much entertainment before
and during the trip. But, in case you were wondering - he was serious.
So DH an I took him over to play a little tennis
(the other kids played, too)
It was smoking hot and it was before 8am, that might have played into the interest of everyone
during the week, ha1


He beat me in a couple of games, but he couldn't get dad yet.
We still call Dan's racket The Dominator - circa 1995

 DH and I went for a drive around the island. I read that Belk had
a special Beach Fiesta (dish) pattern, and I was in search of it. Alas
after trying donuts and finding a cute souvenir shop - we arrived at Belk
before they opened at 10am (told you we were early risers) waited a few mintues caved into trying to a local donut flavor while waiting... and Belk did not have it.
Oh well, I enjoyed exploring around the area a bit!

We came back and got pool/beach ready!


But, someone had already claimed the KING OF THE BEACH title.

(strategically placed almonds, tee hee)

Graham sure loves his Auntie Mo.





 This picture makes me sad for Joe.
Good thing it was very brief and he fought right back!!
It looks like we are all watching torture.
Ugh, boys!

Look someone bigger than Sam getting him back!


After a lunch for the boys Sam and I headed down to the beach


Some of the others had gone to Harbor Town (lighthouse and shops) this day
in different shifts/ groups.
We stayed back for more waves and reading - with a little shade!


Shh, don't tell him I caught a pic of him reading!


Memories from Blake's Instastory



Then a few of us went to dinner that night at a local restaurant - went looking for a featured favorite but it was a 1.5 hour wait so we settled on this BBQ place.
Very neat atmosphere and food was great!

 I thought I won the game but she's giving me the L
maybe she was a sore loser!!!



We found this delicious ice cream shop - (were back later in the week, ha)
and realized they have one in Destin, hmmmm!

 Night time bottle!
 And more games
 Day well spent on Collier Court, Hilton Head Island!