12.12.2007

DNA is tested and BM interview done!


That's right, folks! Joe has been a busy little man this past week in Guatemala. He has attended some important appointments! It is a good thing that good friend Hanna sent Joe a fabulous white sweater for all these important events! Last Friday Joe had his DNA tested along with his birthmother to ensure that there is a match. This will be repeated one more time at the end of the process to ensure there is no baby switching- like I wouldn't know my own baby - yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These results are processed in the US, we will have the results in 2 weeks or so - that would be real nice in my Christmas stocking!

Joe's birthmother also had and interview done with a social worker in Guatemala's Family Court to ensure that she was not coursed into his relinqusment, etc. I pray for her at this time, as I am sure every step is a painful reminder for her. I also pray that God can provide her with a peace that her birth child is entering a loving home.

I have a treasured photo of Sam with his birthmother taken during DNA testing. The image is graven in my mind. I am anxiously awaiting this treasured photo of Joe and his birthmom. I will show these to my boys one day and tell them of the ultimate sacrafice their birthmothers endured.